General Administrative Code of Georgia
• Public information is accessible except the cases stipulated by Law and the type of confidential information that is personal, state-owned or commercial
• All has a right to request public information despite its form or terms of storage, also it is allowed to choose the relevant format of receiving public information in case it is presented in various formats. Moreover, citizens have an opportunity to get familiarized with its original version
• Written application should be submitted in order to get public information
• Public institution is obliged to ensure that the copies of public data are available
• Public institution is obliged to provide immediate release of public data or publish it within 10 days
• Rejection of public information release can be appealed according to the regulation stipulated by law within certain deadlines
Law of Georgia on the due of copy-making of public documents
An individual should pay the due for making a copy of public document according to the following regulations:
1. Copy per page 0,05 GEL
2. Print-out per page 0,10 GEL
3. Recoding per compact disc 2,65 GEL
4. Recording per diskette 1,3 GEL
5. Recording on the video cassette of applicant, service per hour 2,75 GEL
6. Recording on the audio cassette of applicant, service per hour 0,50 GEL
• Recording is charge free in case an applicant has got his/her own compact disc or diskette.
Resolution of government #219 on request of electronic public data and its pro-active release
Administrative body is obliged to pro-actively upload public data on its electronic resource. Administrative information is open and equally accessible for every interested individual.
A citizen has an opportunity to request electronic release of data. The service is provided on the civil portal MY.GOV.GE.
There are 2 ways for registration:
1. Registration by user's name and password that can be received in every outlet of the House of Justice
2. Online registration via new IDs
Responsible person for accessibility of public information and its pro-active release - Ms. Irine Arakhamia, Head of case management division, case management and information office.
Case Management and Information Service of NBE
Tel: (+995 ) 577 111 516