1. What is Debtor Register?
Debtor Register is the means used prior to securement of monetary assignment - systematized electronic database about the natural and legal entities and organizations that are targeted at enforcement since 1 january, 2010, excluding state and local self-governing bodies and debtors of secured assignment. A person is registered in Debtor Register immediately after the enforcement proceeding is started against him/her.
2. Can debtors against whom enforcement has started before January 1, 2010 be registered in the Debtor Registry?
Registration of persons in the Debtor Registry against whom enforcement has started before January 1, 2010 is possible both with the initiative of the National Bureau of Enforcement.
3. Does registration in the Debtor Registry release debtor from fulfilling the liabilities?
Registration in the Debtor Registry does not release from enforcement of pecuniary payments.
4. When is the strike-off from Debtor Register applicable?
The reasons for strike-off are:
a) Full enforcement of monetary payment
b) Change of the fine mode;
c) Suspension of enforcement or retrieve of enforcement paper to creditor;
d) Court decision
5. Is it available to grant a person registered in Debtor Register the limited property management rights?
A person registered in Debtor Register is authorized to manage the limited property in case of NBE consent for cases enforced in favor of budgets of state/ autonomous and local self-governing bodies, while in other cases the consent of a creditor is required.
6. Is information from the Debtor Registry public and how and in what terms is it provided?
Data of the Registry is public. Authorized persons of the National Bureau of Enforcement and enforcement bureaus provide issuance of certificates and extracts based on the Registry data to private persons and legal entities immediately or not later than the next working day. Corresponding certificate or extract are issued upon prepayment of fixed costs (GEL 10) and on the basis of application of the interested person.
7. What implies registration in the Debtor Registry?
Registration in the Debtor Registry implies restriction on right of disposal of real estate and movables and other non-material property interests subject to registration in corresponding registry.
8. When did the Debtor Registry start functioning?
Debtor Registry started functioning since January 1, 2010.